Friday, January 28, 2011

Installing Onyx Showers

Saturday, January 29 - Koh Bulon - (4)

I am not sure that I would arrive, I live like Italian women met yesterday, four months Koh Bulon. Only here and do nothing ... Very diffcicile for me on a long term. Right now, I appreciate for a few days. I already dragged further before getting up. I'm going to eat my banana pancakes and drink my coffee at 9 hrs ago. She, the Italian lady, she is with her husband. But as to his occupation of the day ... She rises early, she took his breakfast early, it goes to the beach in the morning and goes home well before noon. Then they have lunch at the restaurant. Then it's bumming (as I do, too) in the afternoon, and 17 hrs to 18 hrs it will play petanque in the company of a French retiree.

It was very interesting to talk to her because the experience of all these retirees, who found 'their' home port'm in the sun. I find that life as it really is a "retirement", and me, I would not stay fixed in four months, in a place so small, where, in addition, we have no electricity for 18 hrs. It may not seem like much when you're on vacation, we adapt smoothly. But just for the computer, my main occupation, my battery does not last that long that and more here, the Internet is difficult. It is expensive, 3 baht per minute, and when we find the Internet in a restaurant or a large hotel, and as he Nyal electricity only 18 hrs on the island, or we walk on batteries, is expected 18 hrs. I do make the computer at night, to light, because of the mosquitoes, and also because it is rather the moment when I shower and get ready for dinner. Currently, when I write or work on my computer during the day, I use the battery from the computer, and I charge full evening of 18 hrs. Stress of life into his head.

So my life in Koh Bulon is calm, a little sunbathing beach in the morning. I'm black Harchi. And then I gland, I do a tour of the island, just walking what. Consider that in 20 minutes at most one moves from one side to another.

This morning it was sunny in the morning, and gray skies, the sun breaking through the gray carpet of the sky. Not really clouds. It's covered, overcast. And I hear from my bedroom to the waves. Yet I am not immediately on the beach, so it must ride the waves this morning!

I dragged a bit, and I got to the beach than 11 hrs. The sea was raging. The other morning, I could bathe in wetting myself with the waves. But there they were strong and there was no moment of respite between each roll. I contented myself with my feet wet and my tan.

Since I arrived late, I did not see the time pass, and I'm getting ready to go back almost when I saw Domi and Christian come from behind me. They reside at them, the other end, but this beach this where I am, is the most beautiful. They stayed a while, suddenly I stayed longer. The sea began to go down and the waves to decrease to force a little. So I tried to bathe once, twice. It's hard when you do not bathe at all during the day.

them they are very well where they stay, they told me they do a lot of meetings with other couples on a trip. I am very well where I am, but I do not encounter in my resort.

People have changed in bungalows around the mine. The French couple, who was in the bungalow below the mine, and I've never spoken, except a sign hello, is gone. It was replaced by a couple with a baby boy at a young age. They are Swedes, it is on. They talk very loud. The little boy too. And the little boy, naked stands opposite the window, curtains open, and makes me grimace. Charming! This does not put me in my affinity Swedes.

means all of a bungalow to another, especially the bathrooms, and I, nie nie nie kids, that's all that bothers me. And that is what they are noisy these Swedish children. I do not understand how there can have as many Swedish families with young children, there is no school! Yet it is not a vacation right now! Well, I have only one day, tomorrow, to spend in this hotel.

There was already a family with children, other days at the restaurant, and I m always install as far as I could from them. It is full of Swedes here I think. I am surrounded by couples that I do not understand a word of what they say. I think it's full of Swedes.

Last night when I was in my bed, I have heard that the couple is in the bungalow next to the right, have a big shouting match, and then the girl crying. I did not understand what they were saying, but it is understood by all intonations of voice. Again I think this was to be the Swede.

Domi and Christian restaus eat in the village or on various other berries, because of where they are, there are more people who take the roads. Me, I do not want to go out at night outside my resort, because the stretch between my house and the Viewpoint Bar, the bar of the Rastafarians, is not lit at all, and especially because I have a very poor sense of direction, I get lost even on the day when the night alone with my little flashlight ...

After leaving the beach Domi and Christian, about 15 hrs past, I'm still remained on the beach. The weather today was not good, not great sun, a sky heavily overcast and sometimes very dark. But it did not rain. For cons, I saw far away to the rocky islets in front of me and what I believe to be popular, very, very black skies. I think that it must do more bad weather on the continent.

Amid the gray sky, from time to time, a bright sun made an appearance. And as he did not so very hot and very bitter, I stayed very long on the beach, and some 11hres to 16h. So, Today, I have not gone to the village, nor walk in the island. I have not dined at all either, and I haven t been any hunger for the day. I am black and tan.

I made no photo today. I stayed on the beach.

Dinner the evening ended with the good impression I had of the resort, the Marina.
I arrived at 19.45. I ordered a simple dish, a Thai dish, "chicken basil leaves", with rice. It takes 10 minutes to prepare. But there were a large table outside, a large family, couples and several children, obviously for them it was the fiesta, the vast output, the restaurant, they had ordered a lot. He was already on the table when I arrived at the restaurant, and I think they had already ordered.

Simply, I noticed that all tables were served before me, and that even the couple who arrived after me was served before me. The restaurant service here is much too long.

And I waited 45 minutes for a simple dish. There, it was the drop of water overflow. I called Mac, and I told him, gently, that when there was a lady, yes I am a Lady all alone at a table, and without anyone to talk to, any ways would not allow it to wait 45 minutes, the tip top, doing nothing. I told him that I left the hotel Monday and tomorrow night I will not come dinner. Ah yes, I would find a solution or I will eat at 18 hrs also and I will not eat at 20 hrs, and voila, I was not dine.

is the second time I wait 45 minutes for a dish I eat in 5 minutes. And spend 45 minutes looking at the sky, his hands, others, well, alone at her table in the middle of all the other couples, in families, it's hard, I can tell you. When I ate last year alone in cities, I did not spend one hour at a table to eat alone, I tell you.

This kind of disrespect vis a vis women alone, that I can not stand. It is despised. Of course it consumes less than a family with three or four children. Mac told me "sorry, very busy night too." Ok, but I'm still a customer who stayed 5 nights at home, the other, the family, they have just arrived, and I do not even know if they stay here because many people come to lunch at Marina just to change a few restaurants. However, I can not say that the food is terrible, especially I say the portions are very small for the same price that elsewhere.

I think my resort, is occupied almost entirely by Swedes now, and I began to no longer support. It starts to resemble the Swedish invasion in Koh Bulon. And even if I meet nice Swedish couple, I appreciated, like the one with whom I discussed at length the other night, people are very cultured, very interesting, the feeling of being in the middle of a community majority foreign, I have a hard to bear.

I think I am almost sure that I am the only foreign woman, only to be on Koh Bulon. There are few men, few, but one or two, Western, retirees who live here in simple bungalows, cheap. But a woman, no.

Tonight I watched for the umpteenth time, the 3 rd time I think, "The Beach", "The Beach" on my computer in my bed. Taking advantage of electric current that has until midnight. I still loved once more, and each time I discover new passages as if it was the first time. I understand that the mysterious island, they have next to Koh Phan Gan (It Koh Pan Gan they will take on fresh rice) and it was on Phi Phi Maya Bay that it was filmed.

At 0:16 the power was cut. Normal. He had begun, yes to 6:16 p.m.. But I finished the movie and I was already trying to sleep, with difficulty, I spend my time. But even when they have complete darkness on the island, finally, complete darkness I like to sleep, a woman started talking very high. This should be a Swede, given the language, and even in the dark, she told a lot of things very hard. I launched strong "Oh Shit!" yes I missed it as it still eludes me. And I think she heard me because, once she fell at the sound of his voice. I assumed it was very close to me, probably in the bungalow next door.

I Later1 hr of sleep in the morning, when she was silent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment