Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cost Of Suburban Dynaline Dl 2

Wednesday, January 26 - Koh Bulon - (1)

Sleep well (with earplugs) up to 7 hrs 15. Starting date of Koh Lipe. Our to 10 hrs by speed boat. So time to prepare. My girlfriend German Stefin, comes knocking at my bungalow to say goodbye. 'm A little surprised that she woke up so early, but it's true she told me she had dined at 17 RHES and slept at 19.30 ...

The wind dropped a little, but still, it is still present. I want to go to lunch at my restaurant Roti Ya, she said she would be open in 8 hrs, it is more than 8 hrs, but the shop is closed. I am disappointed, I really want my banana roti. So I continue the walk to get to the shop, the only one that sells donuts. Moreover Domi and Chris are already sitting in this restaurant there. But this restaurant, I had had the bad surprise, they were mixed as Nescafe, ie with milk.

No problem, everyone here knows ... I buy three donuts at 10 baht, I take them in the restoration of the neighbor who makes Nescafe black. Well, an acceptable breakfast, donuts and good coffee too. Coffee at 20 baht, a breakfast at 50 baht, much better than the banana pancake + coffee taken in the beach restaurant.

When I return, my girlfriend's Ya Roti arrived. She is currently applying cosmetics eyes, and said yesterday she worked up over an hour in the morning. That is nice not having to stand for hours in the office, so this morning, it opened late ... We said goodbye and may be a different year ...

My bags are packed. We start early enough, an hour before the boat. It did not take a longtail boat or nor a Samlo (the tricycle with the paddy wagon) but we took the road of the village (Walking Street), rolling suitcases. It is sometimes covered with a lot of sand, but it runs quite well. Ah, if we knew when we arrived on the beach at sunrise we hotels could reach via the road, and even the path that runs all from behind No I would not have suffered so much to carry my bag while walking in the sand of the beach ...

We bought our tickets from the French, Yoann, a guy from Montpellier, which is the agency with his wife Travel Shop Thai. He told us to walk past his shop and we find the right longtail.

It is very early. We wait in the shop opposite Forra, along with divers, who are called by number to get into their boat.

I know a couple of Swedes who are also Bulon with their two daughters. It was the birthday of the girl, she told me yesterday and they gave him a birthday present of a bucket, a shovel, a rake ...

Yoan call us at last.


is the same speed boat to go except to go to Bulon Pakbara. It will just stop at Bulon. Like other times, it's always baggage first and then the passengers. You pay 50 baht again for the speed boat.

We deposited on a pontoon in the middle of the sea, with all baggage. Then there is a call for all those who go to Bulon and cons ticket we give a yellow card, with a number. I No. 33. It's as if I had received a boarding pass.



Boarding for Bulon. The bags were thrown into the speed boat first. Called numbers. As it was 33/34/35, one passes in the final. My problem: climb aboard the speed boat. There is no scale. There is a space of sea between the dock and board the boat. The kind of thing that always put me in a panic and vertigo. Guys the boat passengers are climbing fast fast fast and I start "I have vertigo!

At that time a charming passenger, Italian I think, is launching a "stop, she has vertigo, My Mother Is Like That" ... And directs the operations, ie my lifting to the speed boat. Do not laugh, but I get there I have to climb slowly, that's all. There is no scale, there are only close to the boat dock, and much higher than the dock, then we must use small Rebora the vessel to rise.

Oh Bulon between Lipe and is epic!

The speedboat is medium, not enormous. I've already made that kind of speed boat, even smaller in fact, and I remember the wind and slap ass it is. I went in the past, but I'm not trying to stay ahead in the open, as we like to do on the boats. I went to get a seat on a bench at the side, the middle part, covered. Dominic and Christian, have remained al before, and they saw this time what it was like to be outdoors on a speed boat of this type. They were well shaken.

It is very, very shaken, yes, slap ass and it goes very quickly.









I was sitting next to another family of Swedes with whom I sympathized. They had three children including a baby. Yes baby! When it came to getting on the speedboat, the that way I told you, these are the guys of Thai boat who took the baby from the arms of the mother and put aboard the speedboat. And the baby cried. You can imagine the baby, a swarthy man, unknown arrarche the arms of his mom! Then everything went well. I was next to the baby, he fell asleep.

The two families were Swedish, and had reserved Bulon Resort. This is not the most chic, but the best located beach issue, and it has a price still acceptable. Us, we decided to book One night, the first in a hotel, a little below tariff, a little cheaper, but still very expensive for us. The Marina Resort. The room is 900 baht. Without the small dejeuenr. It is very well located, just behind the Bulon Resort. Yesterday evening, the Marina was even recalled on the phone from Christian, to verify that it confirmed the resa taken only by phone the morning. We thought that, given we were told it was very full Bulon, and that there were few hotels, and all the bamboo huts or houses are very simple, we could not to have them by phone ... it was better to have first night of a sour reserved one might search and site visits because they had no idea how the island was ruined.

The speed boat is not party to 10 hrs since, when I looked at my watch on board, he was 10 h 20. We approached Bulon, it was more than eleven.

And there rebelotte must pass the high speed boat, to a longtail, to dock, and even that costs 50 baht. I am asked how I would proceed. No, no scale, you must use the edges of the speed boat, like stair, so to speak, and jump aboard longtail, which is below. look at this picture. I used green as the rim walk through.


No I have no photos, I was in a difficult situation too.
It took two longtail boats to transport everyone on the beach.




There have been a first stop, but we were told to us, for Marina Resort, "you stay ". Then it was docked near the sand, ie That it was just jumping into the water. The guys of the boat we take the bags and deposit them on the beach.

And there we were very happy, for a guy, Mac's Marina Resort, we waited. It was the three of us. He had a Samlo with a basket, he put our luggage in and told us to walk to the resort, across a wide green lawn.

Yes it is very close and very happy not having to carry my suitcase. Because here, for riding, well ... not possible ....


Mac is a Thai effeminate very nice. We had a very good reception ... Sit ... we are offered a glass of ice water, then it makes us complete the form, but without hurrying, and he leads us in carrying our suitcases up to our bungalows. I No. 7 and No. 8 Domi neighbor.

It's great. I do not know how to describe. Bungalows and log roof, palm height. And it is very high, so we have a view of palm trees, is surrounded by nature.











The interior is top too. A refinement in the decoration of such eco-lodge.







Yes it's also a budget, but I think I'm not going to leave this place for a bamboo hut shabby. I said before that I will not stay five days at this price hotel, 900 baht (come negotiate to 850 baht, but not least ...) but I think I'm having a hard time leaving, j 'I fell in love with my bungalow and place. I feel good here! then to the end, a little comfort!

This still is not a luxury. Here, the island electricity market with generators, and here at Marina Resort, as the island was the electricity of 18 am to midnight. So the fan, it is not used much. Especially, since I feel that I'm on this island, freshness! The windows have no glass, just wooden braces and a curtain to the inside. (Which flies when it's windy)

windows


Without electricity the night, the electric appliance plate for mosquitoes does not work. As for the twisted, my matches are all wet, and I can no more turn, and I am afraid of the lighter. So for mosquitoes if there ... No screens on windows, but a large net over the bed. (With some holes that I sellotape).


The bathroom: there is a shower, cold of course. Toilets, not flush but the bucket of water or spray cleaner. It was thus in many places where I stayed. But even at the cost of the resort is still like that. And just over a bed in red silk cloth as above.

MAP OF THE ISLAND


We left immediately investigate other accommodations that located on the island. Just before the Marina, there are the School Bungalow, situated on the beach, on the large green space, and where the sports field, and the school of the island next. It is very well placed, but we could not visit because it was full.


Schoolgirls dancing


We tried to see Bulon Hill Resort, which is next to the Marina, run by a German, but still it didn't have visited, full.

There is a small path that is paved, which crosses the island. We must climb hills, especially "a" because it's like a small mountain in the middle. Nature at the center of the island is very beautiful.





There are also two huge pillars of power, very high. I call them the twin Petronas Tower:)


We continued along this path. But it's not terrible that we crossed into dwellings. It's expensive for what C is, discomfort at 600 baht, plus it's all full. It starts to rain, though, but not for long

there are only half the center and east of the island where you can move, all the rest, the larger half of the island, it is the nature of the forest, and places that are accessible only by sea, and no roads. I just do not encounter traffic car / motorcycle, but there are some samlos circulating. They are used to transport many Thai families, and luggage of tourists. There are also tractors with large trailers. They are used in particular for collecting rubbish bins.

Continuing this way, we passed through other simple hotel, but it was believed would be hether quite isolated, and the most beautiful beaches are on the side of Bulon Resort in our corner.

I continued alone. I I arrived on the beach side. Very ugly. Sand not white at all like our side of detritus. Is the bay of Ao Panka Yai. Sand mixed with broken coral,






I searched the "village. In a few houses, few things. It is very dispersed, do not expect to see a street.


And I see "a" pink groceries, a small supermarket.


Surprise, I fall on the family of Swedes near where I traveled in the speed boat, with their children, and the stroller. They bought a large grapefruit. It makes me want and I do the same. 35 baht. But I do not know how to eat, especially the peel, and it is the lady from the grocery store, which m'épluche whole grapefruit, saying that he must eat the flesh because the rest is bitter. Imagine me everything she husked my huge grapefruit, neighborhood after neighborhood! Well it was so big that I have not finished, and he made me my lunch. It was more than 14 hrs ...

I took way back, because I bought two bottles déeau (I do not know where to find it again, close to home, and it was heavy).


I then went to the beach. As I read blogs on the Internet, I crossed the Bulon Resort, which is very near and I am placing on their beach. A beautiful white sand beach but a stormy sea, then waves, waves. Few people were in the water. The sun came out a little, then quickly re-hidden. He was only 16 hrs when I got home, it became too cold for the beach. I would have thought in France!

The Beach Resort Bulon










I took it out the computer and I backed up my photos and video. He was 17 hrs in an hour of electricity would start and I was able to recharge the batteries.

So the companions of nature are starting to make me visit. In the bathroom a little toad. Well, we are on stilts, on very-high. I sent it back below the bungalow.

I was on the computer tonight to write on my terrace, and a small lizard came jumping into my computer. What susto as they say in Brazil.

is true that, backpacking, it fell, already a huge lizard in the bushes.

So I have installed my mosquito net around the bed, a mosquito net square fit for safaris in Kenya, because, with the windows without glass, here .. . anything can go ...


Domi interrupts my writing, saying they will dine. The restaurant is open air, covered, made coffee tables, mats and cushions. There are also tables outside, but for fear of mosquitoes we have not installed.



And the tables have charm ...



The service is led by two gentlemen happily Demoiselles, Mac and her boyfriend Lem. It is in full "of Cage Folles" or "in Michou." They put the package, it makes everyone smile. They are adorable and very effective.

The nice Lem telling us serve
The specialty is the hot pan, and servers across the room with the steaming pot. Inside there are seafood or vegetables, cooked I do not know how, but it smokes a lot .... in this heat ... We too want to so much heat, and it cost her more money. I chose a "sweet and sour chicken", rice and a small Chang, I was paying 10 baht for ice because requested that beer, always served too early, and without protection ISOPO, it heats too quickly. I ask for ice for my drink, as I always do, and usually is free (except for Mama to Khao Yai Yoi, where I had to pay 7 baht). But there, Bulon, we should get ice Pakbara .. So we pay at the restaurant, and a total of 170 baht.

There are many people in the restaurant of the hotel so the hotel is quite full. There are also people who stay in resorts and neighbors who come to dine here sometimes.

Domi and Christian decided to move tomorrow morning for a cheaper hotel, on the other side of the island, on the beach Panka, which is not terrible. I have decided to stay here at Marina. I feel good, relaxed, and it's the end of my journey. I offer 5 days over my budget ...

OK, there are only couples in this hotel, I'll be a bit lonely, but I feel in view of some days of silence, relaxation, and I'll look after itself. And then, next to the beach is beautiful, and then I'll go walk a little each day to explore the trails of the island. Nothing my meeting with the owner of the store in the village was very nice today.

After dinner, well it was only 21:15. So what? Nothing to do. It's dark outside, difficult to drive. Finally, I did not want to, with a flashlight ... We came back. I went back to the computer to finish writing my lyrics. As electricity has only 18 hrs to 24 hrs, you should take advantage.

I hope to sleep well while being surrounded by nature. The first night was very decisive in a new place of residence. Here, windows, nor it is not, the air enters the room. And it is not so hot as that. The curtain of the bathroom, which is made of laminated strips of tissue, making noise, balanced by the wind that enters through windows. It's very quiet, there are only neighbors who may disturb this calm as he spoke. But they seem to look like me peace by coming to this island.

I went to bed was 22:30.

0 comments:

Post a Comment